7 Reliable Sources to Learn About Boarding Schools in Manchester
Choosing a boarding school can be a daunting decision—and one that you must take time with to ensure a sound choice. Sending away your child to boarding school for an entire academic year is much different from choosing a 2-week summer camp. Researching everything about your prospect school is critical if you want the best educational and personal growth experience for your child. Every bit of information that you gather about your boarding school of choice will give you insight into its values, philosophy, beliefs, principles, and mission. Here are places to look and people to turn to for help in figuring out the best boarding school to enroll your child in:
- The school’s website – Never mind salesy claims, a school’s website still is one of the best places to find important information and data about the school you are considering. School websites provide a great overview of what the school offers and will lead you to the proper contacts, not to mention the proper procedure for application.
- E-guides – There are many electronic resources you can turn to for advice on the best boarding schools in Manchester and elsewhere in the UK or even the world. The best thing about these websites is they curate many great choices to fit your criteria for a good boarding school.
- School tours – Scheduling a school tour is also a good way to get a feel for the school you want your child to spend the year in. This will also give you the opportunity to ask students and staff first hand, about what they think of the school and its curriculum.
- Students – Of you want honest, unadulterated reviews of your prospect school, interviewing current and former students is also a good way to get real insights from people who have been under their guidance.
- Faculty and administration – Teachers and staff are also great resources to learn about the educational style that the school implements.
- Online reviews – There are also websites that provide extensive reviews about boarding schools from parents, teachers, students, and boarding school alumni. These can be helpful in narrowing down your options.
- Your child – Don’t forget to include your child in the decision. Their personal choice should be guided by all the insights you have gathered from your thorough search.